Developing the Leader Within You - Training
Your organization's ability to grow is directly tied to your ability and desire to grow personally as a leader. That is the Law of the Lid. If you want to reach new level of effectiveness in your job, raise your lid. If you want to grow your company, grow your lid. If you want to increase shareholder value, increase your lid.
The Packer Group offers a leadership workshop based on the teachings of best-selling author Dr. John C. Maxwell that is designed to do just that - raise your Leadership Lid. With over 7 million books sold, Maxwell translates the complex topic of leadership into simple, everyday language that can be applied and practiced in any organization.
In this workshop, we focus on not just learning leadership but understanding how it applies to your unique situation in your business. This allows the adult learner to instantly transfer leadership principles back into the real world where you can make an immediate impact.
Based on the best-selling book by John C. Maxwell, the Developing the Leader Within You workshop teaches you and your associates how to implement the behaviors of successful leadership.
While most training focuses on Job Knowledge and Management Skills, this workshop targets the practices and predictable behaviors of great leadership.
The workshop overlays proven leadership behaviors with a clear path of how to development those leadership behaviors.
There is a very specific model to lead people that results in the highest levels of commitment. We call this model the Five Levels of Leadership™. The Five Levels of Leadership provides a path that demonstrates which leadership behaviors need to be focused on and when. Most leaders spend exorbitant amounts of time leading efforts and initiatives, but do not have the full commitment from those they are leading. The reason behind this dilemma, and what you can do about it, is captured in the Five Levels of Leadership.
Our Developing the Leader Within workshop teaches leaders how to apply the Five Levels of Leadership into their specific daily actions allowing the commitment of those they are leading to reach new levels.
Therefore our curriculum is designed so that:
· You learn new leadership behaviors.
· Understand the impact of aligning your leadership approach with these behaviors.
· Understand the consequences of not aligning your leadership with these behaviors.
· You practice the leadership behaviors, as well as observe others in the same role.
· And most importantly, so you clearly establish a plan to implement these newly learned behaviors on the job so they are Observable and Measurable
A facilitator from The Packer Group will come to your company, at your location, at your convenience to develop your leaders. Involving an entire department or management team is one of the greatest methods to have a deep and rapid impact on your organization. Everyone develops a new vocabulary and frame of reference allowing for increased efficiency.
· Two-day, interactive workshop
· A highly engaging facilitator
· 20-30 attendees from your company (minimum 15 required)
· Private setting at your headquarters or at your desired meeting location
· Scheduled at your convenience
· Tailored to your needs
· $800 / person - 2 days
· Ask about other pricing options for one or half day programs
What you Will Learn
· How to gain commitment from everyone you work with regardless of your title.
· How to evaluate workplace relationships for maximum productivity.
· How to lead with integrity and earn the respect of your co-workers while getting the job done.
· How to track leadership results through the values chain.
· How to influence the most persuasive person in your organization.
· How using your title or position is much as an advantage as it is a disadvantage.
· The one principle you must follow before developing someone else.
· How to align a team towards a common direction.
· How your attitude as a leader sets the tone for everything you touch.
· How to motivate the unmotivated.
· The 5 steps that successful leaders use to develop other people.
· How to get your team on the same page in spite of workplace differences.
· How to ignite passion and energy into your work and into those you lead.
· How to resolve a business issue when you do not have the answer, but are being held accountable for an answer.
· How to achieve results through relationships.
· How to create and communicate a vision regardless of your level within an organization
Who Should Attend?
Leaders, managers, supervisors, directors, executives, and teams who need to increase their ability to influence internal and external clients.
You have already read that we focus on Observable and Measurable Behaviors . This means we start with the end goal in mind. If you want to work on gaining a greater level of commitment from those you lead, we will help you write your Leadership Action Plan accordingly. If you need to improve how and when you empower others, then your action plan will specifically spell out how to observe and measure that behavior.
“Rick Packer is among the elite in the industry. He is one of the most capable facilitators and speakers in the areas of leadership and teamwork. For years, Rick has been teaching my material and helping organizations learn it, apply it, and live it.”
- John C. Maxwell
Developing the Leader Within You
By John C. Maxwell
“You cannot solve tomorrow’s problems with today’s solutions.”
John C. Maxwell
The Packer Group - Intentional Teamwork - Intentional Leading - Intentional Results